Welcome to the Valley Points Family YMCA
In one way or another, we're all connected to the Y. Whether it's where you discovered a talent that became a lifelong passion, were encouraged by a mentor, or where you turn for support with a healthy lifestyle.
At the Valley Points Family YMCA, we believe our programming lays the groundwork for healthy futures, builds a sense of community, and conveys the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Yes, children learn to swim, kids have somewhere to go after school and we teach about healthy lifestyles, but the Y is far more than that. The Y is a place where kids find direction, families come together and people rally to make a difference.
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that people of all ages and from all walks of life have access to the essentials needed to be more healthy, confident, connected and secure.
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT THE Y
We could use people like you!
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but to deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected, and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Coach our sports teams and teach classes.
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals.
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees.
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community.
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier.
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and our community.
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
Please contact us to learn more!